Major efforts and implementation details to date
- In 2007, the "Japanese Flower Export Promotion Manual" was prepared and overseas market surveys were conducted in the Netherlands, the U.S., etc.
- Since 2008, seminars on the promotion of Japanese flower exports have been held annually.
- Since 2008, seminars on export promotion of Japanese flowering plants have been held annually, and the formation of export implementation organizations led by members (flower wholesalers, etc.) and support for pilot initiatives have been provided. As a result, new efforts to export Japanese cut flowers to the U.S. and other Asian countries have begun.
In FY2009, the "Standardization Study on Transportation Methods for Export of Japanese Cut Flowers" was conducted to demonstrate the technology for efficient multi-commodity consolidation. In addition, as part of a project commissioned to create and expand sales channels for agricultural, forestry, and marine products, member companies exhibited at the 7th China Flower Expo to introduce PR displays of Japanese flowers and plants.
- Since FY2010, member companies have cooperated in PR activities for Japanese flowering plants at the Emperor's Birthday Celebration Reception held at Japanese embassies and consulates overseas.
- From FY2011 to FY2013, as a part of JETRO's support program, the study group examined and proposed basic policies and held seminars for individual breeders, etc. in order to promote exports through the acquisition of breeder's rights (intellectual property rights) for flowering plants.
- Since the nematode problem has become a major issue in the export of bonsai and plants to the EU since FY2012, seminars and other events were held on these topics.
- In September 2013, the World Flower Council Sapporo Summit, an international exchange organization for flower designers, was held in Sapporo, and we cooperated in its participation.
- From FY 2015, as an export organization by product in the field of flowers, we have been working on a project for businesses engaged in exporting, which is a publicly solicited project by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (JETRO).
- FY2021: Project to strengthen support for the development of overseas sales channels in fields and themes where export expansion is expected (JETRO), Project for measures to develop overseas sales channels by field and theme (JETRO)
- FY2021: Support projects by product groups, etc. to develop overseas sales channels by priority field/theme (JETRO), support projects by groups/private businesses, etc. to develop and expand overseas sales channels (JETRO)
- (11) FY2022: Emergency Support Project for Strengthening Export Capability of Trade Associations, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF)